Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Little Knitting

After finishing my Petal Tank, I jumped into another project for myself, the Slanting Gretel Tee. (By the way, I like this new trend of knitting for myself.) This is a short-sleeve tee knit in the round (bottom up). It is shown worn over a long-sleeve tee in the Fall 2009 Interweave Knits. Since it's so hot here in Texas, I decided to do mine in a cotton blend (instead of a wool blend) so I could wear it alone for 3/4 of the year and over a long-sleeve tee in the cold month or two.

I've only done about 20 rows so far.


I had a slow start and made a few mistakes and ended up ripping out about 8 rows to fix them. Now that I've got my M1Rs and M1Ls straight, things are moving much more quickly. (I think of the M1R as the BFF [back to front, knit through front] and the M1L as the FBB [front to back, knit through back].) Here's a close-up of the edge of the front. It's a section of seed stitch with a cable border.



So that's my current knit project. I'm not 100% sold on the color, a lavender-pink (this is pretty true to color), but I hope this will be something I can wear often with shorts, capris and jeans.

1 comment:

bodoba said...

Wow that looks terribly complicated! I would've had to rip it out 8 times instead of 8 rows just to get the pattern down! You're doing a great job and I can't wait to see the finished product.