Friday, October 23, 2009

And for my knitterly readers

For those of you who actually read this blog because you knit and you like to see what others are knitting, here is my current project.


It's the Berry and Bramble Cardigan from the Fall 2009 Interweave Knits. It started off a little slow as I tried to figure out my rhythm while getting used to knitting through the back of loops for the twisted rib pattern. Then I had to get the hang of the Berry and Bramble stitch.


Then things got pretty fast for a bit UNTIL I had to start doing shaping as I worked on the sleeve. The directions are very general (e.g., work in pattern while decreasing every other row at the neckline side or something like that) so I had to do a lot of playing around trying to keep the berry and bramble pattern looking okay while keeping the right number of stitches. This involved lots of thinking, writing, more thinking, knitting, and ripping. I think this bit of sleeve has taken me almost as long as the body.


Arrgghh! Oh well. Hopefully all my work on this sleeve will mean the other side will knit more quickly. I really hope so! Anyway, that's where I am for now.

Off to knit a bit before getting ready for our neighborhood Trunk or Treat tonight!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Thats a really cool stitch!

bodoba said...

all of your hard work is worth it. That looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it put together.