Thursday, June 18, 2009

I wish I had a camera...but words will have to do

With all my photos and videos, you probably think that I always have my camera with me--but I don't. And as every parent knows there are always those precious moments where you wish you had your camera to capture it forever. We've been having a lot of those moments recently. Since I missed capturing them on film, I'm going to try to tell you about them so I have some sort of record to remind me of these sweet little moments.

A few nights ago, I was getting the boys ready for bed. I put N in the bathtub and asked J to pee in the potty before I put him in. (I love that they are old enough/young enough to take baths together.) Anyway, N was in the tub and J started peeing in the potty which is right next to the tub. N looked up at J, looked at him standing and peeing in the potty, then stood up and started peeing in the tub. It was so adorable. Words just don't do it justice. I, of course, had to empty out the tub and refill it with clean water, but the look of pride on N's face when he was peeing was just too cute.

Last night we went to McDonalds for dinner. Healthy, I know, but it was nice break from cooking and a rare middle-of-the-week treat. Anyway, afterwards we were hanging out in the play area. J, as always, was trying to play one of the video games which rarely work. But this time, he found one that worked and was so excited. A little girl came over and started playing the game with him and J started being silly to impress her. He must have some comic skills because he had the little girl laughing hysterically. It was so fun to see him having fun with a complete stranger. That is a huge deal for my shy little guy.

N has always been intrigued by my knitting and yarn in general. Today he got my current project out of my knitting bag and was trying to take off with the ball of yarn attached to it. After I panicked, I realized the project was unharmed and I put it safely away (must to N's chagrin). Anyway, in the process he got a hold of a piece of yarn about 3 feet in length. He was having so much fun carrying it around. At one point, he was walking pulling the yarn behind him and he kept trying to look at the end of it. He ended up going in circles like a kitten chasing its tail. It was hilarious. Of course, then he got dizzy and was trying to walk in a straight line, but was instead stumbling around like a little drunken man. He escaped unharmed and the whole thing looked like a clip from America's Funnist Home Videos (although this one was actually funny)!

Anyway, words don't do these little moments justice, but I had to jot them down so I don't forget them. If only we could hold onto these precious memories forever.

1 comment:

Lydee said...

LOL!!!! the peeing in the tub is just too funny!!!!