Monday, June 15, 2009

Knitting Away...Slowly, but Surely

I am slowly working along on the Textured Circle Shrug for my sister. I'm doing this as part of my first official knit-along. I've enjoyed having the knit-along as a resource of information. The designer herself, Stefanie Japel, is leading the knit-along which is pretty cool. The pattern is pretty fun in its design, but I've gotten to the tedious part right now. I started a week late, but caught up pretty quickly. The body knit up quickly, but then I ended up frogging my original sleeves. I started working them on doublepoints, but then realized I could use 16" circulars instead. I thought they looked so much better on the circulars that I decided to rip and redo them. Then I had the daunting task of picking up 246 stitches evenly around the shrug.


Once I finally accomplished that task to my satisfaction, I got to the tedious part--33 rows of 1x1 ribbing (I've done 7 so far), an increase round, 12 more rows of ribbing, another increase round, and then 22 rounds of seed stitch (299 stitches per row). But then I am finished! I've already woven in all loose ends so far. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I hope my sister will like it.

No comments: