This is supposed to be "Tales of a Knitting Mom," but I don't feel like I've been doing much knitting recently. I have so many things I want to knit this summer, but I'm way behind. When I tried to figure out why, I came up with a whole list of reasons so...
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is
Top Ten Reasons I'm Behind on My Knitting (or Excuses, Excuses, Excuses)
10. Cooking and cleaning: Yes, I do feel obligated to do them occasionally.
9. B's been traveling: B was out of town for a week. Thus I had to do all the parenting, cooking and cleaning. Without the team effort, there was less time for knitting.
8. Sleeping: I don't know if it's the heat or all the time spent outside or at the pool, but I feel like I need more sleep these days.
7. Playdate organizing: I decided to organize playdates for J and his classmates for next year. There are going to be boys in his class next year and I wanted him to meet them before the school year. This has been fun, but also another suck on my time. Lots of e-mails back and forth trying to organize things.
6. My neighborhood Moms group: I volunteered to be the organizer for my neighborhood moms group. I love this group and the former organizer needed a break so I thought, "why not?" It's been a lot more time consuming than I thought. Still glad I did it, but it's cut into my "me time" more than I hoped. I promised B that I wouldn't let it take away from family time--so I've had to lose some knitting time instead. My main issue: I want to make everyone happy. I've got to lower my standards.
5. So You Think You Can Dance: If you've never watched this show, you should because it's amazing. However, it's not good knitting television as you have to actually watch it (instead of just listening to dialogue like I do with most television.)
4. A failed attempt: J currently has one of those knob cover things on his bedroom door so he can't open it from the inside. I tried taking it off so he could get up and use the bathroom when needed. Right now he sleeps in pull-ups, but I'd like to move him to underwear. Anyway, he couldn't handle the freedom of not having the knob cover. He kept getting out of bed and wasting over an hour of my time each day fighting napping or fighting going to bed. The knob cover is back in place for now.
3. Lots of good books: I've been on a reading spree. I checked out a lot of books that sucked me in this month. I read 7 1/2 books in the last four weeks. I just checked out 10 more from the library. Will let you know how they are.
2. Two adorable boys: Yes, my children keep from knitting. Crazy, huh? I know this is shocking. However, I think they are well worth it. They've been extra adorable recently which means more things to blog about and... you got it, less time to knit.
1. Picking up stitches: It's lame, but true. I hate picking up stitches. I love the finished look, but hate the process of trying to pick up stitches evenly around a shaped piece of knitting. I put this off on my sister's shrug for several days. But this is done and now I've moved on to the sea of ribbing. Nothing to slow me down now except a small case of endless ribbing induced boredom. But that's just another excuse...