Sunday, August 12, 2007

But the partying was great!

Birthdays! Birthdays! Everywhere, birthdays! My oldest nephew's 4th birthday is on Monday and his birthday party was this weekend. My sister throws a mean birthday party!


There was visor decorating




and dinosaur painting.



My sister drew this scene. Pretty impressive, huh?


My niece took the "finger" paints to heart. No brushes for her!


There was a scavenger hunt!




There were parachute games!



And two delicious cakes! One made by my brother-in-law:

And one made by the birthday boy himself:


All in all, it was a great time for everyone. Exhausting, but fun!



I've also been working on my Rusted Root and I have my first WIP picture:


As you can see, I've made good progress. I finally remembered that knitting from the top down meant that I could try it on. It fit great, except for right here:


Sorry for the gross armpit shot, but that's where the problem was. Too tight! I was crushed. I contemplated different options and have just decided to frog and try the next size up. I was right on the line between XS and S and had decided to make the XS. We'll see how the S fits. Hopefully, it won't be too loose. Wish me strength in my frogging! I never realized how much it hurts to frog! Luckily this yarn (Cascade Pima Tencel) has a nice smoothness to it so it shouldn't be too bad.


So not a good knitting weekend, but the partying was great!

4 comments:

sophanne said...

What great fun-except for the frogging- Your sister could take it on the road!

Yarnhog said...

I particularly like the birthday boy's cake.

Frog it now--quickly, like ripping off a BandAid.

Lydee said...

What a beautiful sweater. I don't know a thing about knitting, but I'll feel your pain vicariously.

Anonymous said...

Oh bummer about the armpit fit!! That sucks. It's a great pattern and a lovely color. Best to go bigger, you'll never wear it if it doesn't fit well.
I really like that big picture painting for a party, very cooperative.