Sunday, August 19, 2007

Size Dilemma (or Do I Rip Again?)

So here's my second attempt at the Rusted Root. This time I decided to try the Small size.



What do you think? I think it might be too big. I originally tried the XS.


I generally liked the way the XS looked, but it felt too snug through the pits and I was afraid the sleeves would be too tight.
What do you think?
I'm thinking maybe I should rip again and go back to the XS, but add a few extra rounds in the raglan. Do you think that would work? What do you think about the two fits? I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated!

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

How utterly aggravating. I like the way the XS fits much better. If it were me, I'd probably rip and re-knit the small, but with a few extra rounds in the raglan. (Well, actually, I'd have a good, long fit of swearing, and THEN I'd rip, but you probably understood that anyway.)

JulieFrick said...

Ah, to have this problem- choosing between XS and S! All kidding aside, I'll agree with the previous poster. That's why top-downs are so nice- you can adjust a bit. Add a couple of rounds to the raglan and try it on before you work the underarm to see if you've got it right. And swearing is de rigeur, given the fact that I KNOW a mom of a little 'un only gets so much time for all this knitting!

sophanne said...

and only so much time for swearing! Go with Yarnhog

Haley said...

thanks for the advice everyone! that's what i was thinking would be the best option. wish i had tried that instead of the small. oh well, 2o/2o hindsight. as the fall weather seems to already be here, i have resigned to the fact that i may not get to wear the rusted root this year. and now, i'm much less stressed about getting it done. it's nice to be less stressed. happy knitting everyone!