Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Snapshots of a Day

Little Man and I went to a "kiddie park" with our friends today. These are all moms and babies who we met through a local breast feeding support group. I originally went to the group because I was lonely home alone with Little Man. I never realized I would make such a large group of good friends. I'm not sure if the "kiddie park" was Little Man's favorite outing, but we had some moments of fun. Brian had our stroller in his trunk so we borrowed one from a friend. Little Man is the one in the pink stroller crying. He hates when I walk away from him and is crying for most of our group photos. Oh well.
A happy moment on his first ride--before he realized that the ride would take him away from me.
Little Man wouldn't go on the boats, but how adorable do his friends look? Who wouldn't want a little boat with four happy one year olds?
After the kiddie park, Little Man and I came home and relaxed in the backyard where I discovered these little beauties:

Little red mushroom

Another red mushroom

Some lovely berries on a weed growing on our fence. Love them!

Finally, this evening I settled in to read a new library book to Little Man--Leo Lionni's Let's Play(click on the link to see much better pictures of the whole book) --and I discovered these beautiful mosaic illustraions. I've never wanted to make art with printed paper so badly. Aren't they amazing? For some reason, they remind me of Maritza's softies. Sorry these photos don't do the illustrations justice.

Look at that field of flowers!
You can almost feel the texture of this tree.
Look at those yummy papers.

So there we have it--snapshots of my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Clarabel was little sometimes I felt that the outings were more for my benefit than hers. The plant with berries in your yarn looks like evening nightshade which is poisonous. Don't let little man get into to it. Well, I'm sure you aren't letting him eat random plants...

Haley said...

Thanks for the advice, Kristin. So far Little Man has shown no interest in the berries, but I will definitely keep a close on him. Again, thanks for the warning.

Lydee said...

What a lovely day, so full of beauty and joy! Thank you for the pics, they made my morning! : )