Thursday, August 9, 2007

Heading Home

Just a quick note. Little Man and I are heading to Virginia again--this time for my nephew's 4th birthday. We're leaving Brian (who arrived home from his trip last night) here. I'm not looking forward to the 8+ hour drive with just Little Man and me, but can't wait to see my family. Hopefully all will go well. Unfortunately, I can't knit and drive. Which reminds me of a joke I saw this weekend on Beakman's World.



free pattern here


Two penguins are talking and one penguin says to the other:
The other day I was driving and knitting and a cop drove up beside me and yelled, "Pullover." And I said, "No, cardigan."


Knitting jokes on children's shows--Does this mean knitting is cool? I think so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip! My family is about 5 hours and I have driven a few times by myself with my oldest. We usually go at night so they sleep.
Very cute penguins.

Taylor, PK & Fin said...

Cute joke!! Have fun at home visiting sis...tell Cat I said hi and Happy Birthday to the big man. I hope you plan to do the drive so little man can sleep some. I can't even imagine 8 hours in the car with Fin. I drove from Savannah to the 'Burg twice and it was in the middle of the night so he slept the entire way.

Haley said...

we left ohio around 8:45AM (i planned to leave at 8, but we didn't have a good morning so we were running late.) between long stops and construction, the drive took 9 hours instead of 8. John only slept for about an hour and twenty minutes, but he only cried for about 30 minutes so it wasn't too bad. thanks for the comment and well wishes.